Old versionsSee all
White noise is a type of noise that is produced by combining sounds of all different frequencies together. If you took all of the imaginable tones that a human can hear and combined them together, you would have white noise. Because white noise contains all frequencies, it is frequently used to mask other kinds of sounds because it effectively overloads or “numbs” our auditory systems.
White Noise Sleep System (WNSS) is a completely customizable Windows application that plays sound samples (mp3, wav, mid, avi, wma, ...) in a continuously loop, effectively masking unwanted noises and creating a sense of calm, making it easier to concentrate, relax and/or sleep.
If you don't like the sound samples included with this application, you can use your own samples, play your favorite music or play another white noise samples bought / free downloaded (royalty free) from Internet.
You can play up to 5 sound samples simultaneously.
For instance you can play "rain" and "fan" simultaneously to effectively mask unwanted noises.
You can schedule events to effectively mask unwanted noises, namely :
- You can setup a start time for every sound sample
- You can setup\change volume (sound player volume, computer master volume and computer wave volume) over time
- You can stop all playing samples
- You can close the application when you no longer needs it running
- You can shutdown you computer automatically when you no longer needs the application running